Prev: Re: [DSTest] Oerjan Damage System Question Next: Compville (was Re: Oops, redact my posts to OO on DSTest stuff... <sigh>)

Oops, redact my posts to OO on DSTest stuff... <sigh>

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 02:46:05 -0400
Subject: Oops, redact my posts to OO on DSTest stuff... <sigh>

Wrong list indeed. Visual dyslexia, type
something, read it again to make sure, see
what you wanted to type, not what you actually
typed, send. Find out you f&*73) up. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions on
ADS/THADS both from Glenn and OO. That was
meant for here.

The THADS was inspired by the idea of Patriots
or the like engaging incoming dropships off-
board before they arrived - a sort of "pre-
game threat" and perhaps an SG2 like ADE
concept would cover things pretty well for that.

For on board fire, I'm thinking of things like
what happened in the scenario I just ran tonight
(Operation Haymaker, an assault to capture the
Governor of Compville by ScanFed mercs at the
beginning of the NAC-sponsored coup d'etat).
I've got ADS vehicles scattered around the
compound, running on passive sensors. Enemy
VTOLs come in hot and hard loaded with PA
and with additional PA underslung on droplines
(more capacity). The ADS wants to cut loose,
but if you follow book rules for landings, they
just happen all at once. But if you have your
ADS crewed (not even necessarily active) you
can undoubtedly bring it active at the flip of a
button esp once you have visual... and then the
enemy are in trouble. (One ADS had LoS in my
scenario tonight and it blew away one of the
dangling PA stands.... missed the lander, hit the
trailing PA....). When I think about some other
scenarios, I'm planning to piece them together
into an overall series of games covering the
NFR/NAC/ScanFed revolution on Compville vs.
the FSE and the Legion Etrange Colonial. I'll
probably even throw in a small FT scenario.

Tomb.
Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca