Prev: RE: [FH] Possible New Minor Power Next: Re: Linking scenarios and Portsmouth

RE: Possible New Minor Power

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:37:20 +0100
Subject: RE: Possible New Minor Power

>New Vatican State and the First Benedictine Cavalry
One of the most obvious and potentially interesting aspects of this is
the
resurgence of the military orders and, perhaps, a response from within
the
existing powers.  I know some other systems have mentioned something,
but a
resurgence in the Military Orders (complete with full monastic
discipline,
etc) could result in some fairly small, but elite, Knights Templar or
Knights Hospitaller forces, complete with the various levels of
commitment
and (perhaps) if well advanced the potential for corruption with which
these orders were faced (and sometimes succumbed).

A response from within the NSL could be in the form of the
religiously-inspired Teutonics, or from the FSE in the form of the
Knights
of Compostella, etc, etc.

Given this suggests some extremism, it gives some problems in terms of
motivation and driving force when faced with the non-catholic forces....

..a little bit close to current affairs at the end there, I think... :-/

Have fun,
Tim Bancroft

Prev: RE: [FH] Possible New Minor Power Next: Re: Linking scenarios and Portsmouth