Prev: Re: [semi-ot, SG] cutting edge technology and 25mm pigeons Next: RE: [semi-ot, SG] cutting edge technology and 25mm pigeons

RE: [semi-ot, SG] cutting edge technology and 25mm pigeons

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:29:36 +1100
Subject: RE: [semi-ot, SG] cutting edge technology and 25mm pigeons

G'day,

> Ok... I am gonna take a whack at this... Barring all "unladen
> swallow" allusions, how many pigeons are actually acclimated to the
> desert.... so how do they tell if they pass out from heat
> exhaustion or succumb to gas? I really need an explanation
> for how this is implemented...

You and me too mate ;)

As to the acclimation I'm *guessing* they took them out with them
earlier on
and let them get used to the heat the same way the guys do. Could also
depend on the type of pigeon, sensitivity is probably the same across
them,
but ability to resist temperature issues would differ between (for
example)
a carrier and a meat pigeon.

This is all assuming New Scientist has its facts straight (it usually
does,
but there's always that chance I guess)

Cheers

Beth