Prev: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz Next: Re: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz

Re: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz

From: El Conejo Malo <punkrabbitt@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:24:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz

--- Germ <germ@germy.co.uk> wrote:
> Ok trying to get back to gaming.
>
> I've almost finished 'Legion of the Dammed' by William Dietz.
> Anyone else read it? What do you think?
>
> I'm finding the whole concept of Human minds strapped into machines
> quite interesting. Most other similar stories have the cyborgs with
human
> intelligence very controlled and fearless. These are criminals and
> murder victims given a second chance to make good.

"Robocop 2" was a bit of a variant on this: drug addicted psycho brain
in armed and armored shell
supposedly controlled by his addiction.

> Not sure on the ethics of giving an ex-criminal a cyborg body and
bucket
> loads
> of weaponry but there are some interesting parts showing that the
human
> intelligence
> part still needs some form of recreation to stop them going mad.
> Rather than the usual cop out of just switching off the cyborg until
it's
> needed again.
>
> Jeremey
> germ@germy.co.uk
> www.germy.co.uk

=====
http://www.punkrabbitt.com
Playtesting
Freelance Fiction
Independent Product Review

http://platinum.yahoo.com

Prev: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz Next: Re: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz