Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: Re: [OT] Question from the news

RE: [OT] Question from the news

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:00:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [OT] Question from the news

I'm currently w/o cable TV, but I've got internet, so I'm getting 80% of
my news via the web - that can be a very surreal experience...

Just a couple of links from the fringes of Shrub's Crusade:

Really really wierd: a spoof blog "from" Saddam Hussein:
http://saddamhussein.blogspot.com/
I might have posted this before, but there seems to be a real, legit
web-logger in Baghdad:
http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/
..and a blog that might be from a US soldier somewhere in Kuwait:
http://www.lt-smash.us/

(I haven't gotten into the blog thing until now, but there's a lot of
them, and some of them link to very good information...)

Straight news site worth following:
Bahrain's Gulf Daily News (the only place I've found that's attempting
keep a running count of the casualties in this mess...)
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/

On TomB's "50mm machine gun" thing - Dog, there's some technically
illiterate reporters out there! I read one report of "F-17" fighters
being
used over Iraq. F-what? Likewise, the Brit Warrior APC is *always*
referred to as a tank. Ditto the Bradley, and that big thing the USMC is
hauling around in.

Newpaper rule of war: If it's got camo paint and treads, it's a tank.
Full
stop. (even if it's just an M-113 w/ .50 on top...)

On the Warrior: the Brits ran some sort of smash-n-grab raid outside of
Basra Tuesday, apparently, grabbing a Baath Party nob before he could
vanish into the sandstorm. To get into the (two-story, brick) building,
they *rammed* a Warrior into the damn wall, *backed* it out, and invited
themselves in through the door they'd made. The same Warrior that
created
the entry point was used to carry the nob off to POW camp. Tough damn
vehicle, evidently.

Personally, I'm still opposed to this whole fiasco. I rather liked
Michael
Moore's Oscar speech, although the man has a slight tendancy toward
hysteria. Drop Bush (and Cellucci!), not bombs...

Brian.

Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: Re: [OT] Question from the news