Prev: [SG] Special Ops + Indigenous forces Next: Re: [OT] to cheer everyone up.....

Re: [OT] to cheer everyone up.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:44:04 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] to cheer everyone up.....

>On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:10:33 +0000 Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
>writes:
>>Yes, it's another [OT] posting.....
>>
>>With all the horror and gloom happening in reality, if you want a bit
>>of
>>cheering up with something genuinely funny (and TOTALLY unrelated to
>>Current Affairs) go and take a look at
>>http://home.nyu.edu/~amw243/diaries/
>> (you will need a familiarity with LoTR
>
>GMW:  Very
>
> and Bridget Jones' Diary,
>
>GMW:  Not.
>
>and
>>tolerant attitude to sexual orientation....)
>
>GMW: On second thought this eliminates work * and * the public
>Library....
>>
>>:-)
>>
>>Jon (GZG)
>>

>Gracias,
>Glenn

Nothing in there to worry anyone, Glenn - it's all humourous text, very
mild (and funny) - it's just that it has most of the male LotR
characters
"interested" in each other, if you get my drift (oh, and it's by a
female
writer).

Bridget Jones' Diary is a novel by a UK writer, became a movie a couple
of
years back with Hugh Grant and Renee Zellweger - you managed to miss all
the hype it got?  ;-)
It is the novel's unusual and funny diary style that's being parodied
here,
as it has in many, many other places.
The "LotR secret diaries" are very funny even if you don't know BJD, but
just funnier still if you do....

Just read and chuckle....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)