Prev: [DS] Fighter interception and RE: [OT] Anyone out there? Next: RE: [OT] short - hackers

Re: [OT] short - hackers

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:17:54 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] short - hackers

You really know how to cheer this old Luddite up <grin>  Maybe I won't
let the family have internet service and stick to using work and the
library... LOL!  I can't do that - the older girl's school requires
internet work in High School.  And my wife wants to down load all these
sewing programs for her high tech sewing machine.

Besides I can order all these neat figures online...

Gracias,
Glenn

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:58:09 -0500 "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
writes:
>Donald said:
>Use two computers...Just keep your
>personal files on the one that will NEVER
>see the web.
>
>[Tomb]: And insure that the computer on
>the net connection has no LAN or other
>connection to the other machine. It's easy
>enough to hop from one system to another
>once you've breeched the first, doubly so
>once you've installed a number of common
>(read: MS) products and services (many of
>which you may not even realize you have
>active and sometimes vulnerable even
>when fully disabled... you think....).
>Mr. Thomas Barclay
>Software Developer & Systems Analyst
>thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: [DS] Fighter interception and RE: [OT] Anyone out there? Next: RE: [OT] short - hackers