Prev: Re: Allow me to differ (the [OT] discussion) with Allan Next: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet

Re: Allow me to differ (the [OT] discussion) with Allan

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:35:04 -0600
Subject: Re: Allow me to differ (the [OT] discussion) with Allan

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:34:29 -0500, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote:

>Allan, whose PoV I respect, said:
>Simple rule of thumb: if you have to label
>your post "[OT]" then don't post it...
>
>[Tomb] Let me explain my disagreement.

I did say "rule of thumb" and not "hard and fast rule", as I feel that
people
really ought to sit back and think twice about posting something that
they
have to put an OT tag onto it.

I do agree with TomB (as I respect his PoV too) that there are items
that are
OT that the group not only tolerates but actively appreciate. There are
number of collateral topics that aren't "on target" for this list but
which we
all agree make the list more worthwhile.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: Allow me to differ (the [OT] discussion) with Allan Next: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet