Prev: Re: Time to Bomb Saddam... Next: Alien Thinking

RE: Topics in general with Digest (including OT but technical points)

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:54:06 -0000
Subject: RE: Topics in general with Digest (including OT but technical points)

>>KHR: [...] why do you post it ?
> Hal/Laserlight: If you do not want [...] posts, just *delete* them
unread.

Whilst I don't have any problem with a few OT posts (and don't want to
extend the argument), it is worth remembering for any post that peeps
reading the digest (perhaps because of Allan G's points) don't get a
choice
to delete...

Continuing from AGs points re bandwidth/filtering, those of us who get
the
digest in text form will struggle to read html text (or we can if we
spend
15 minutes stripping out the tags!).  Sometimes an Outlook Express (and
Outlook IIRC) client will send both text and html and we get
double-sized
emails (it might be worth checking).  It also gets awkward when
automatically responding with huge quotes or whole messages or threads,
but
that's been mentioned in the last few weeks.

On my set-up I don't see the html appearing in the digest - let me know
if
it is!	;-) .

Thanks peeps, and Have Fun,
Tim Bancroft

Prev: Re: Time to Bomb Saddam... Next: Alien Thinking