Prev: Re: Naming... Next: Space ship site

Re: Heat disposition in space

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:15:54 -0000
Subject: Re: Heat disposition in space

> However, near stars, the amount of radiant heat can be
> enormous. That is why spacecraft are either white or silvered.
> These coatings reflect some of the radiant energy,
> especially near the most intense frequencies emitted from
> the Sun.

You mean I should have left my fleet alone after the white primer was
applied :)

Ok so all this is space hot or cold issue. Can someone put in simple
terms
reactions
to using heat based weapons in space. Sci-fi literature talks of
lasers/blasters/plasma etc.
The tests that were run on lasers taking down missiles, I'm assuming
that
was because
of the heat of the laser rather than impact force?

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Naming... Next: Space ship site