Prev: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade MODELS News Next: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

From: devans@n...
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:13:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...

Slight nay-say here; my experience was that the dreadnoughts were large
and
thin enough that I had one almost pretzel-ized in transit. I've never
got
that one together yet.

These were in a large, devoid-of-packing box; I've often wondered if I
just
got one that somebody else had opened but never properly repacked.

Course, I also wondered how the company kept in business as I've yet to
see
a group in my travels that games their lines, but that could be just
parochialism, i.e. haven't travelled enough, on my part.

>(who is now wondering how many bases it takes to keep that sucker
>'flying' horizontal...)

Tony's comment on the Evil Empire(tm) bases points out that they have
some
even more ungainly monsters, though I've tended not to recommend their
bases, as I have problems with the plastic being a bit brittle, with a
hefty dose of YMMV.

If you ever see any older Eisenwerk or Archive ships, you know that they
can be quite large, with not-sufficient bases, and the old Superior,
now(?)
from Monday Knight Productions, Super Galactic Dreadnoughts are over 5"
of
almost solid slab lead. Those don't even seem to suggest bases, as the
ventral domes on some had flat spots which seemed to suggest simply
placing
on the table.

Weirdly, the SGD's tended to have more detail on the underside. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade MODELS News Next: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda and really big ships...