Prev: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1547

[SG2} FGU Space marine weapon conversions

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:54:05 PST
Subject: [SG2} FGU Space marine weapon conversions

Okay, I sent off a check and soon I hope to have a group of Blarad,
Whistler Mercs	and Rauwoof allies/Mercs to guard a facility for the
Humans to raid.  [Bears, Birds and Canines in that order.]

I am looking at the predominant 'rifle' of the Space Marines' world -
the
Blaster.

"...These are  the basic weapons of most known races.  They fire a
pulse,
or in advanced versions, a series of pulses of energy with great effect.

They are unaffected by smoke, haze, etc. (except for the visibility of
the firer) but they do create smoke effects when they hit significant
bodies of water.  They will not cause smoke effects simply because of
drizzle or light rain..."

In my original edition [1?] (which was stolen years ago and replaced
with
the FGU book) the rules spelled out the differences between class "A",
"B" and "C" weapons for each nation/race/species.  Basically Class "C"
fired twice a turn one 'shot' whereas Class A fired a 'auto fire
template".  Class B fired two shots OR a template (but needed time to
recharge or replace the battery if it was used in 'auto fire' mode.)

Bugs always used Class "C" blasters (in large numbers obviously and
theirs only shot once per turn) as did the Ranan Horde humanoids (2
shots
per turn) whereas Terran Union Guard used Class A with Azzies using "A"
or  "B" and Galactic People's Republic used Class "B".

Okay, lets talk page 34, Generic Weapons Table and Space Marine
conversions.

Blasters supposedly replaced (Gyrojet/Cone guns which replaced) Lasers
because of better penetration of the ubiquitous  "Ballistic Cloth Armor"
at range.

Sooo, here's a first cut at this 'advanced' weapons of the animal
soldiers.

Weapon			Firepower		Impact die
Class "C" Blasters		1		D12 or D10
Class "B" Blasters		2		D12
Class "A" Blasters		3		D12

Comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc. are appropriate.

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1547