Prev: Re: [OT] Visit to the States Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:51:16 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>
> >I doubt it. Evaporation is just about the fastest way to move heat
> >energy. Heat transfer through conduction (radiator to air) is much
> >slower. With a radiator, you need either a ventilator to move enough
> >air over a small radiator or a large surface area with free air
access
> >to get rid of the heat.
>
> Close circuit systems seem to do pretty well.

Which I read to mean 'good enough'.

> All but one of my
> vehicles has it as a cooling system. What about your cars?

My car has a ventilator behind the radiator. Most cars I know of have
them.

Only engines with large areas exposed to the air (e.g.motorcycles) or
low
power can dispense with it.

This started off with "A circulating system with a small radiator and
reservoir could operate more efficiently". This depends on what exactly
you
mean by 'more efficiently' (e.g.cost, weight, rate of heat transfer),
but
for most purposes, allowing the cooling fluid to evaporate into free air
saves you the radiator, pumps, flow-back pipes etc.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Visit to the States Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon