Prev: Re: Shifting Political alliances Next: Model wanted, dead or alive...

Re: Shifting Political alliances

From: <hal@b...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:32:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Shifting Political alliances

> Well, to defuse this, try taking less likely nations then UK and
> France, maybe a couplew of minor powers like ocurs ib the GZGF
timeline
> in Eastern Eutope perhaps?

Point is, most of the smaller nations are not going to have an awful lot
of manpower and/or equipment to throw.	As for the Tuffleyverse - a
Colonial USA is no more or less far fetched than another Anglo-Franco
war
;)

> Why would USA have to be 1)involved or 2) Isolationist?  I'd just
leave
> this out in the scenario or have USA tied up in a different war (Say,
> just for fantawsy with the North Koreans/PRC (Sorry, ESU) perhaps.)

The idea here is to keep the war large enough to be an interesting
campaign, yet small enough that it isn't a World War III or IV event as
it
were.

> Hal, I think it would be a case of  "Go with what you have" war.
>
> I expect current strengths reduced by "X"% would suffice.

I would expect a similiar arrangement.	But then again, there are those
who like campaign games and like having raw data to work with.	That is
why I mentioned the CIA resource - it lists GNP for all major nations -
where they can.  As for the 1860's reference - what do you think got me
started on what seems to be a very strong resemblence to that very
thing.
I can *almost* picture that kind of scenario making it interesting...
state's sovereign rights coupled with nationalism...

	       Hal

Prev: Re: Shifting Political alliances Next: Model wanted, dead or alive...