Prev: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: WWII MGs ++

Re: WWII MGs

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 06:38:30 EST
Subject: Re: WWII MGs

In a message dated 3/7/03 9:34:54 AM Mountain Standard Time,
john_t_leary@yahoo.com writes:

> It would seem the 'Day' of the MG42 is not yet done,
> it is still in production as the MG3.
> You are correct, as the quality/leadership of the
> German army declined, rate of fire became more
> of an issue.   One must also understand that
> the German army had become more defensive and
> positional, I.E. moving with the ammo was no longer
> a 'problem' in defensive situations.

Having the wonderful experience of being a member of the (5 person by
the
time it was organized :o) Morbach community (American) gun club while I
was
stationed in Germany, I can tell you from personal experience that the
MG3 is
a VERY nice piece of weaponry. And also that the tactical doctrine in
the
German Army, (and Politzie as far as I can tell :o) is STILL tight,
controlled, minimum ammo bursts. On target and at long range.

We finagled an "invite" to the local annual Military shooting contest.
Required "events" were MG3, Uzi, (with wooden stock) and the G3/M16. Not
brag, (maybe a little :o) but we'd positioned ourselves in first
place....
before the Politzie showed up that is. (Partially to me being REAL
accurate
with the MG3. Kind of neat picking off single 'hiding' soldiers with
only two
round at [simulated] 200+ meters :o)

The Politzie showed up and, (like usual :o) swept the events.... again
:o)

Randy

Prev: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: WWII MGs ++