Prev: Re: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: Why Turkey refused American troops.

Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:13:55 -0800
Subject: Re: FMA-WW2 Weapons

Well, back to the gospel qccording to Squad Leader, that had the .50 as
a step above the HMG. . The HMG in Squad Leader and as discussed below
is distinguished from the LMG by sustained firepower. It can hit more
people. It doesn't hit them any harder, but it might hit them twice.
Give a "well prepared" MG an extra attack [1] or two; where "well
prepared" basically means a prepared position with lots of supplies.

[1] At about this point it will become obvious that all I know about SG2

came from reading the occasional post where mechanics are discussed -
usually either out of boredom or through mischance.

B Lin wrote:

>There are arguments regarding if the MG42 is a "heavy" MG.  It still
only fires 7.62mm although a lot of them, but .50 cal can penetrate
almost half an inch of steel, go through walls, multiple people, through
trees etc. There is a world of difference between having 7.62mm smack
the stone wall in front of you and having .50 bullets go through the
wall and pass by you.

>Really the BAR and MG34 can be classified as LMG's, the Browning and
MG42 with tripod as MMG's and .50 or 12.7's as HMG's.