Prev: [ADMIN] Lists back, I think. Next: Fw: Germy's work

FMA-WW2 Thoughts (list test if nothing else)

From: "Damond Walker" <dwalker@s...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:02:41 -0500
Subject: FMA-WW2 Thoughts (list test if nothing else)

Okay.  I posted a message last week about using FMA with some 1/76 scale
World War II figures I bought.	I don't remember seeing any major
to it but then again my work email server was in the process of being
moved
so it's possible it got chewed in transit.  Anyway, here's what I was
planning on doing.

Scale would be about 1"=6'

Most of the games I'd be considering would take place in small burnt out
hamlets.

My primary concern is coming up with good values for the standard
weapons
used during the war.  The M1 Garand and the German Mauser being the two
standard weapons used.	I was thinking of using 10" range bands.  The
impact
die for the two rifles would be similar though the firepower die for the
Garand would be higher than for the Mauser (due to the amount of fire it
could put out compared to a bolt action rifle).

As a starting point I was going to use the following values:

M1 Garant:
Short: 10"/d8	 Medium: 20"/d6    Long: 30"/d4    Impact: d6

Mauser:
Short: 10"/d6	 Medium: 20"/d6    Long: 30"/d4    Impact: d6

Pistols:
Short: 4"/d6	Medium: 8"/d4	 Long: 12"/d4	 Impact: d4

MGs:
Short: 15"/d10	  Medium: 30"/d8    Long: 45"/d6    Impact: d8

Each figure would get a d4 defense roll plus a d6/d8 for hard/soft
cover.

Comments?

Damond

Prev: [ADMIN] Lists back, I think. Next: Fw: Germy's work