Prev: RE: [DSII] Unit Markings Next: RE: [DSII] Unit Markings

Re: FT-Need help on a new weapon thought

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 00:49:53 +0000
Subject: Re: FT-Need help on a new weapon thought

>Ah - an easy question to answer :-)

Don`t want it to be dificult, after all <G>

>A larger number of C-mode Pulsers? <g>
>
>>I am thinking of using a MKP, with every level of screens reducing
it`s
>>power by 1 level/class,
>
>Er... MKPs don't have "levels", so I'm not entirely sure what this
means
>:-( Do you mean
>"reducing the damage per hit by 1 per screen level" (so a hit on a ship

>with level-1 screens only inflicts 4-1 = 3 pts and a hit against screen

>level 2 inflicts 4-2 = 2 pts), or something like that?

That`s exactly what I mean. BUT, only off the first roll.

>If you're going to use standard beam dice including re-rolls to
determine
>the number of 4-pt hits, why not simply use the normal beam-vs-screen
>mechanic but inflict a single 4-pt "K-gun" hit for each "beam damage
point"
>scored?

Yes, that`s what I was after. Note to self, must explain ideas better!

>Unless I've missed something important this mass and cost should be OK
for
>an all-arc weapon. Note that this weapon actually inflicts on average
>*less* damage per shot than a C-mode Pulser does (3.2 pts/shot against
>unscreened targets compared to 4.8 pts!), though it has better armour
>penetration.

I was after a weapon with more dammage and a lot greater armour
penitration
capabilities, with a single arc, for use with big warships as a konckout

close in punch, with dual mode PDS abilities. I made a guess at 3 mass
due
to it being a multi shot  weapon aganst a MKP`s single shot.

>Later,
>
>Oerjan
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
>"Life is like a sewer.
>  What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
>-Hen3ry

What kind of stats do you think (or how should I alter this one) to
acheve
what I`m after?

BIF

http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Prev: RE: [DSII] Unit Markings Next: RE: [DSII] Unit Markings