Prev: Re: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep Next: Re: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep

Re: Alien FT in Stargrunt

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 01:53:06 PST
Subject: Re: Alien FT in Stargrunt

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:06:03 +1100  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au writes:
>G'day,
>
>> Space Marine Aliens human opponents in my little corner of Stargrunt
>2
>> universe:
>
>Cool thanks.
>
>Do you have figs for all these?

Yes and no.

I am waiting for a check from selling 25 mm Native American and colonist
figures from a gentleman than "Mr. 6 mm" is buying some more SF figures
(Stan Johansen, GZG and Brigade - just how many of each is question) and
- - -  Horrors - - - - some of them are 15 (maybe) and 25 mm!  <grin>

Stan makes the old Space Marines figures [well some of them - Terran
Union Guard and/or Mercantile League, Irsol Confederacy Humanoids,
Rauwoof, Blarads, Klackons, Hissss-!st,  Whistlers,  Mekpurrs and their
Robots (no Androids) plus his own Snake aliens;  but no GPR (other
humans
or conversions would work fine,) Azurich Imperium (PA or heavy armored
humans would substitute easily,) no Ranan Horde Humanoids, No "Bugs"
(this is an easily filled niche from others such as plastic ants from
cheap packs of toys,) or Mertuns (H.G. Wells Martians in tripods
essentially.)]	I hope to order some more Rauwoof (I am using 15 mm
(Vagyar?) figures for Rauwoofs currently,) Blarads and Whistlers soon -
have one each of Mekpurr and Mekpurr robot, Blarad, Rauwoof, Whistler,
Irsol from his 'Adventures Pack'.  I like his work on these and the
pictures of the Klackons look good on his web site.

I love the degree of development for the groups but the tables!!!! Oy!
double Oy!
(well it is a 1980 copyright...)  The weapon tech goes off the chart for
Stargrunt 2 so that will be a problem to balance (Blasters have HEL  and
DFFG qualities both IIRC) and keep the "flavor" Space Marine-ish forces.

And aerospace and armored units at 1 " = 25 or 12.5 meter game always
seemed 'different' to me.

I am using a lot of stand-in figures for humans; Starguard humans -
Rep-Com, Starguard for non-Space Marine humans (the Cotu types); taller
plastic (?) Galactic grenadier plastics for pseudo-Azzies, old 1970's
second hand humans from various manufacturers, that kind of stuff.  I
also just recently got some old 1970-1980 era 15mm Ral Partha figures...

I am thinking about some [25 mm!?!?!]  GZG figures for games too.

There are other non-human forces I have drug in from other games
(Starguard  - which I have fair number of, maybe Dreenoi or Terellians
with their non-Terellian Mercs for example) and I am looking at UNSC GZG
humans in 15 mm for "Mice-in-space" since I see the (25 mm) UNSC have
pointy looking enclosed helmets I expect this might work for my biggest
problem for Mice-in-Space - the helmets should ideally be relatively
pointed, enclosed (to hide the mouse face that no one makes,) and if
possible either have some kind of 'ear caps' or at least flat surface so
I can modify the helmet to imply the larger ears of Mice-in-Space [of
course I could always do 6 mm for the mice persons...]

>Which ones do you use?

All that I have accumulated sine the early 1970's - small groups at a
time.  My biggest problem in filling in the support weapons of some and
getting a whole Platoon equivalent of others.  Lots of squads but not a
lot of complete Platoons.

>Cheers
>
>Beth

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep Next: Re: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep