Prev: RE: Alien FT in Stargrunt Next: RE: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep

RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:12:38 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

G'day,

> In additon, parto f the anatomy I developed was a
> heightened olfactory sense.  They have no nostrils but a
> large area of their face is permiated with olfactory nerves.	I see
this
as giving them an
> advantage to sopt hidden troops, though on the other hand a
> battle field being full of strong odors anyhow, might be
> masked enoug hfor this to be moot.

I like Karl's idea, but another option may be just that they auto spot
anything within range band 1 or 12" or something. Animals that use smell
are
damn good at it ;)

>I am wondering if I would be remiss in giving them
> some form of natural resistence to damage due
>to large size and general physical toughness, though I doubt any
>organic material is going to have too much of an effect
> on the trauma induced by gunfire.

There's two main ways to reflect this. First up is to change wound
recovery
rules - may be roll D6 and 1 = DEAD, 2-4 = STABILISED and 5-6 = OK.
Alternatively you could roll a D8 and have 1-2 = DEAD, 3-7 = STABILISED
and
8 = OK (so they get hurt but its not as lethal).

The other option is to effect how hard it is to kill them in the first
place. SO during fire/damage allocation if
IMP <= Armour then no damage suppressed only
IMP > Armour then wounded
IMP > 3x Armour then killed

This reflects that they get hurt and recover as easily as humans but its
tougher to outright kill them

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Alien FT in Stargrunt Next: RE: [ECC] Found Me No Sheep