Prev: Re: ECC VI After Action Report Next: Re: ECC VI After Action Report

Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:29:36 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

staremu schrieb:
> In additon, part of the anatomy I developed was a
> heightened olfactory sense.  They have no nostrils but a
> large area of their face is permiated with olfactory nerves.	I see
this as
> giving them an advantage to sopt hidden troops, though on the other
hand
> a battle field being full of strong odors anyhow, might be masked
enoug
> hfor this to be moot.

Makes some sense. I have that fighters in Vietnam could smell enemy
soldiers
(due to different food, hygiene etc.)
Hmmm...Change the rules and modifiers for searching and hidden units.

Some thoughts:
Treat as better than basic sensors, but for a limited range only.

Modifiers for wind direction, any sources of strong smells (e.g.special
vegetation, vehicles with engine running), more than one enemy in
range...

Possibly make two separate sensor rolls, one for smell, one for
eyesight etc.
Smell has poor spatial resolution: instead of one hidden counter, the
enemy always places three (2 dummy, 1 real, or 3 dummies), fairly close
together. If the smell result is 'nothing there' remove all counters.
If it is 'something there', opponent says so, but leaves the counters
in place. Only if the visual roll gives a positive result is the
specific counter revealed.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: ECC VI After Action Report Next: Re: ECC VI After Action Report