Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens Next: Re: Help designing aliens

ECC VI After Action Report

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:10:40 -0500
Subject: ECC VI After Action Report

GZG ECC VI is past us and I wanted to provide my own thoughts on this
convention.

The Games

The Gamemasters did an excellent job this year in event preparation
in terms of figures, terrain, and their scenarios.  We had some events
that weren't run due to the lower than normal attendance, but those that

did were well received.

Some events were so popular that those who didn't play them want them to
be repeated.

Excellent job, GMs!

The On-site Vendors

Carl Scheu and Bill Spring had a vast selection of figures and gaming
supplies for us.  They also donated a number of prizes for our events.
Thank you!

The Off-site Vendors

Jon Tuffley, Tony Francis, and David Dunn were very generous this year.
We had a lot of newly released figures and prizes for the painting
contest.  We'll soon have the Newman SDN available for purchase from
Brigade.  Thank you for your support of the ECC convention!

The Painting Workshop

Rick Rutherford ran a painting workshop this year and demonstrated his
blending techniques.  Bill Spring, Laurel Caldwell, Bill Chapman's
children and I experimented with Rick's figures and methods.  It was
very enlightening and I'm interested in trying some more of his
technique.
Thank you, Rick!

The Shirts

Albert Cho, Adrian Johnson, and Nick Caldwell did a super job with the
shirts this year.  Not too many people wore them in the convention room,
due to the cooler temperatures, but I'll enjoy wearing mine at other
gaming events.	Thanks!

The Hotel

Usually all my headaches come from my dealing with the hotel each year.
This year was the smoothest year we've ever had with the hotel.  The
room
layout required only minor tweaking.  We had plenty of provisions
for us with water and trash disposal.	I was very happy with the hotel
this year and there is a benefit to repeating our business there.

ECC VII will be at the Hotel Brunswick on February 27th - 29th, 2004.
I hope to see you there for more exciting gaming memories.

Jon Davis

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens Next: Re: Help designing aliens