Prev: Re: Image Gallery Next: RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:34:15 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

On Friday, February 28, 2003 12:04 PM, staremu
[SMTP:star_emu@hotmail.com]
wrote:
> I have unearthed my converted Tonk miniatures and have started
brainstormign on them in preparation to begin painting them.  I was
wondering those on the list who have designed alien races could throw
some
helpful hints my way.

> What are important things to address?
Combat psychology and chain-of-command.  Do they react as normal humans
in
combat or go berserk as the Kra'vak do?  Make sure not to unbalance it
too
far in one direction to make them unplayable (either for or against).

> What should I avoid?
Uberweaponry on squad level troops.  Equipment should be representative
of
their robust level technology (ie: no portable laser cannons if their
tech
requires a team of scientists to keep it running).  It can be "alien" in
nature as long as it's consistant.

> Any short-cuts?

Cut and paste an existing human force with a name change.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: Re: Image Gallery Next: RE: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens