Prev: Gulf Coast Con group set up Next: Re: The GZG ECC VI Quote Board

ECC Post Mortem

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:49:39 -0500
Subject: ECC Post Mortem

Quote Board:

Corrigenda:

JP, after failing 4-5 comms rolls and 6 failed
penetration rolls in Carnage Con Queso
(early in the game, JP entered a
boggy ditch) - "It's the goo."

Jerry Han (after using a geiger counter to
detect the Fissionable Mass Atomic Sheep)
- "Gentlemen! RUN!" >>>CHRIS<<<
(referee, in a dry tone) - "And will you be
speaking to the French as well?" [note:
Jerry WAS the FSE...]

Addenda:

>From the event that never happened and
for which Tomb and Laserlight cannot be
held liable in any court in any land due to
extensive disclaimers and possible reasons
of insanity:

Jerry? "I think I will need a lot of expensive
therapy."

Someone else: "I don't think I'll ever be
able to get this out of my mind."

A third player: "I don't even *understand*
what happened....." (in a dazed voice)

Me: "That's good. That's the effect we
were shooting for." Pause. "Anyone can
move figures around the board and roll
dice. We Canadians come down here just
to &%$* with the minds of the Americans.
That's really what this is all about."

Vendors: Thanks Carl, Bill and other
contributors and prize support guys. May
your cups runneth over!

Organizers: Thanks Jon, Jerry, Indy, etc.
May your houses be blessed with great
good fortune!

Events: Thanks to Rick for Con Queso (and
beating JP and Adrian at almost every
Comms Roll!). Thanks to Aaron for the B5
scenario! Thanks to JP and Jim for giving
me something to shoot at! Thanks to
Adrian for a wonderful SG2 game! Thanks
to Jon for everything except that accent
(and for agreeing to place behind me in
Formula De)! Thanks to Laserlight for being
such a great inspiration, although clearly
nothing happened and there was in fact no
game in that Saturday night slot (*grin*).
And thanks to everyone for coming out!

All the Canadians are getting ready for
JonCon-I in Albany. Anyone else want to
come? (Jon, we thought about asking you
to supply a date, but we don't trust that
you won't bail out. So we're arranging a
secret date. Just stock some spare food
and pop, that way you'll be ready when we
show up). ;)

I'm still in shock for winning an award for a
game that had, as of awarding, yet to be
run. Though, in retrospect, it did suggest
prescience. But, since nothing happened,
I'm not sure it really was appropriate.
Though, despite nothing happening, I'll be
in therapy for years.

PS - Indy, great job winning that 15mm
competition! Stuart is a great painter.
Beating him is really impressive! (And you
know, you may even have managed it
*without* the organized conspiracy.... *heh
heh*)

PPS - My thanks to all who came out.
Especially the new folks.

PPPS - The biggest thanks to those who
missed this event for national service:
Schoon, Los, Magic, Ted and John A. (As a
tribute, a couple of these definitely weren't
represented in the game that didn't
happen, obviously not including one Rabbi
Makowksy and his flying carpet (shotdown
in sheep transport while flying to close to
the mosque) and an Atkinsonian sheep)

PPPPS - Can't wait for the next one!

PPPPPS - Roger, was good to meet you,
thanks for coming over. Next time, we'll
have time for more beer and chat! And
Noam, pleasure to meet you in the flesh!

Tomb
Mr. Thomas Barclay
Software Developer & Systems Analyst
thomas.barclay@stargrunt.ca

Prev: Gulf Coast Con group set up Next: Re: The GZG ECC VI Quote Board