Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: RE: Indy's ECC VI After Con Report (ACR) (nice and long)

The GZG ECC VI Quote Board

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:56:26 -0500
Subject: The GZG ECC VI Quote Board

Greetings!

Below is the (in)famous GZG ECC Quote Board for ECC VI. Note, due to
handwriting styles being rather drastically different, some of what
was actually written on the board may not have been transcribed
properly (did my best). Also, there were a few quotes that had no
attributes, and thus are marked "Unknown". I tried to give some
background info to the quote when it was either known [by me] or
written down by the contributor. In any event, feel free to send me
corrections so we can get the amended version of this up on the website
(and if you feel a quote is missing, post it; I only transcribed what
was on the pages of the Quote Board). Some of the inflections are lost
in this transcibing, and that is a shame. Perhaps one day we will have
audio recordings instead. ;-)  In the mean time, enjoy the read, and
put in place anyone's tone, accent (such as Stuart's rather dry British
accent), inflection in places as you might know it.

Mk

			The GZG-ECC VI Quote Board

			    **Friday Evening**

TomB - "It's not how many times you win or lose, it's how many times
you kill JP."

John Crimmins - "Going hand-to-hand with the cyborg monkey may be a
bad idea."

At the beginning of Stuart Murray's now famous Friday Night Cinegrunt
game series:
Stuart - "If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it and
mount it."
Indy - "Mount it??"
Stuart - "On the wall."
Indy - "Just wanted to be sure."

Aaron Newman - "Your sensor readings say 'soft & squishy'."

Stuart - "Amelia has been attacked by the nasty Pathanes"
Jon Davis (at another table, with high voice, in role of Amelia) - "Oh!
You brutes! You brutes!"

Stuart (referring to a Pathane that just had a close encounter with
[old religious women group] - "He's been converted."
David Raynes - "That's the strangest form of close combat I've ever
seen."

Unknown - "Follow the sheep! Follow the sheep!"

Soliciting reasons for a given platoon to start with an extra action
on a given turn of Cinegrunt:
Adrian Johnson - "We! We want to go first! Fire the canon at these
hordes of - KA-BANG!"
Stuart - "Noooo, that's no good."

Stuart - "The sheep were boring."

Indy (in the role of the Great White Hunter, still rolling miserably
and catching the tiger's attention) - "I winged the tiger. I'm toast."

Laserlight - "A morale check? I need a morale check?"
Stuart - "'Cause you might flee the building."
Laserlight - "That's what I'm planning on doing anyway."
Stuart - "So make a morale check."

Jerry Han - "Hey, you're attacking the ship I'm going to shoot at!"
TomB - "Yeah, I've seen your shooting."

Stuart (Referring to a close assault combat  where the Pathanes killed
7 charging Brits and lost only one of their own) - "Guys? Can I point
something out? Those are colonial regulars. I've played a lot of
colonial games. And that sucks."

Adrian (referring to a role-play act he had to perform at the end of
Cinegrunt) - "I don't supposed I can get that picture erased…I can't
believe you guys talked me into proposing to Laserlight."

[soon after]
Adrian - What?? There was a video? Oh bugger!"

			    **Saturday Morning**

Jerry Han - "I'm Canadian, I'm not stupid!"

Jon Davis (Ambush FT scenario) - "I don't know what's funnier. Indy
rolling 1's on his p-torps or rolling 1's and getting eaten by a
tiger." (Indy had the only p-torp ship on the NSL side and, well,
tried...)

Mike Hudak (right after the SDF1 from Robotech appears) - "Do we want
to shoot at it, or check whether it is friend or foe?"

Jerry Han - "I've got to mount that more firmly next time."

Dan Blezak (counting beam dice) - "…6…12…18…22. Oh, this is fun."

Mike Hudak - "Who's ever dice these are, I want to buy them!"

Aaron Teske - "Three class-3s on the battleship." (rolls 1,1,2)
Jon Davis - "Hahahaha! That's an Indy Roll."

Roger Burton West - "When 2 gamers love each other very much..."
Rick Rutherford - "They get together and make...miniatures."

Robert Doughty - "You shot my friends! I'll shoot your friends!"
(bummer that the ship he was speaking to turned out to be just out
of arc)

Adrian to Rick Rutherford after Adrian/JP's 10th failed comms roll in
Carnage Con Queso - "*#!& off!"

JP to Adrian after Adrian has failed to successfully calculate
fractional casualties in SG for the third time (simple division) -
"Adrian, what I'm really looking forward to is you trying to divide
something by four."

JP, after failing 4-5 comms rolls and aiy arrow penetration rolls in
Carnage Con Queso (early in the game, JP entered a boggy ditch) - "It's
the goo."

Roger Burton West - "I'm just waiting to work up enough nerve to run
away."

Adrian - "You suppress him. That's good, he can't do anything
except...call for artillery."

Aaron Newman - "He's using a grenade indoors, how could this not go
wrong?"

Unknown - "Read the instructions. Hitting buildings is discouraged."

A momentarily confused Indy - "What was I doing?"
Jon Davis - "We're having a p-torp moment."

Adrian during FMA Sheep - "Can I spend an activation to recock this
sheep?"

[then later]
Adrian - "Hey, that's not nice. You sunk my battlesheep…"

Mike Hudak (after unsuccessfully negotiating) - "I'm using one of my
actions to do something with Abdul."

John Crimmins - "I've come back from the dead and I smell like
lambchops and mint  jelly. That says some disturbing things about
the afterlife."
Adrian - "The sheep know more than we do."

Mike Hudak - "I couldn't get a smoke grenade and YOU raised the dead?"
Laserlight - "You're talking to a merchant. He's talking to a saint."

Jerry Accord - "I gotta kill! Write your darn orders down!"

Tomb, to Stuart playing in another game - "Stuart, you've been killed
and raised from the dead by Jon of Needham…"
Stuart - "I would have expected nothing less."
(Stuart's reincarnation was subsequently rescinded by divine fiat at
the request of the character on his side who requested he be raised)

JP (looking at all the cotton 'smoke' on the field of killed tanks in
The Battle for Gramicci Pass DSII game) - "It's starting to look like
winter."

Jerry Han (after using a geiger counter to detect the Fissionable Mass
Atomic Sheep) - "Gentlemen! RUN!"
TomB (referee, in a dry tone) - "And will you be speaking to the French
as well?"
[note: Jerry WAS the FSE...]

Unknown - "I can't get over Stuart coming back to life and smelling
like lamb chops."

Jim Bell & Indy (as two 'boom' chits are drawn in one pull) - "Boom!
Boom! Out go the lights!"
Nick Caldwell - "Hahahaha! (pause) That's not funny."

Indy (refereeing The Battle for Gramicci Pass) - "I'll be here for a
while 'cause Nick wants to FINISH a Dirstide game."
Jerry Han - "Okay, I'll bring the No-Doze."

All participants from FMA Sheep - "We just sat around having a pleasant
conversation. Nothing happened. There was no event. Nobody tell Beth."

			    **Sunday Morning**

Mike Hudak (refereeing FMA-Frag!) - Do you have a character sheet?"
Aaron Newman - "No."
Mike Hudak - "You should. Otherwise all your stats will be '1' and that
could suck."

Unknown - "It's too early in the morning to face the Teske."

Jerry Han (during Indy's undersea AquaThrust game) - "I assume this
isn't a floating map. Oh, well, it is, but…"

Roger Burton West - "I hate to bring this up, but I note a significant
lack of Damage Control parties."

Indy - "Okay, all plotted?"
All - "Yep!"
Indy - "Move 'em!...then take photos."

Carl Scheu (while rolling threshold checks) - "Oh, SCREW me!"
Bill Spring (who just happened by) - "Probably not something you want
to walk in on."

During Jon Davis' Battle for Huntington DSII scenario, Dan Blezak rolls
and fails to close assault Constitutionalist militia. Stuart looks at
his figs and says - "That's probably because they're all facing the
wrong direciontion." (then he fixes them for Dan)

Laserlight (in FMA-Frag!) - "Now that Adrian is out of the game, we're
all going to have to stop and think about who we're going to shoot."

Aaron Teske (AquaThrust) - "I have no counter-measures, I have only two
hull boxes left."
Roger Burton West (calculating the # of dice of torpedo damage he was
about to inflict) - "Even I can't screw that up."

			    End of the Con

Dan Blezak - "Be careful. My ninja reflexes almost took over."

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: RE: Indy's ECC VI After Con Report (ACR) (nice and long)