Prev: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended Next: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended

Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:22:17 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

>I really don't want to be unpopular with this comment, but there is a
danger
>to producing the same vehicle in multiple scale.  I reference Agents of
>Gaming introduceing the Fleet Action scale, instantly killing off the
entire
>market for their full size line. This is the first thing they did to
kill
>themselves off.   That said, I prefer 15mm as I have thousands of other
15mm
>figures and lots of 15mm terrain.  I hate going to another scale.

AOG did not kill off their line by comming out with a smaller line of
ships. In one scale a destroyer cost
about $10 while in FA the same amout would buy a package of 3 ships. If
you wanted only a few ships
the original scale was fine. If you wanted a large fleet action then the

smaller scale was better. I did use
the FA fighter	for both scales manly due to the fighters looking
"better"  and costing less (my stands are
mounted three fighters per stand and there is a dial to show the actual
number).

So for example:
Narn
	  original scale 26 ships
	  FA		 102 ships and 68 stands of fighters
Centauri
	   original scale 35 ships
	   FA		   145 ships and 124 stands of fighters
by the way to plug GZG
FT UN fleet
	  141 ships and 56 stands of fighters

Historical minatures have been using duplicate lines in multiple scale
for many years
     Essex duplicates in 15mm and 25m for most of their lines
     Superior 1/1200 and 1/2400 scale ships
     Old Glory may have split off their 15mm off but it still made in
15mm and 25mm

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended Next: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended