Prev: RE: [DSIII] was RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out ! Next: RE: [DSIII] was RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out !

Re: [DSIII] was RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:09:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSIII] was RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

--- Bill Brush <bbrush@unlnotes.unl.edu> wrote:

> 1.  Overhaul damage system.  It's been talked to
> death on this list, so
> there are lots of alternatives already developed.

Agreed.  I have a system I'd like to suggest, but I'm
still debugging it.  It's received good reviews so far
from those who've seen it.

> 2.  The construction system needs fixed to make a
> more coherent vehicle.
> I.e.	amount of armor should have a bearing on
> speed, maneuverability, etc.

Agreed.  However, see more under 4.

> 3.  A "Corp" book that gives "Canon" designs and
> TOE's.

Same response as to 3.

> 4.  Fix or eliminate the points system.

Fix it.  And make the points system and the capacity
system independent of each other.  The point system
should be able to accurately reflect the game value of
any vehicle, regardless of background (see OO's
comments WRT FT).  The Points system should be part of
the generic rules, capacity systems should be genre
specific and found in a Corp book.  Different genres
are going to have different ideas about how much/how
powerful of stuff you can fit on a given chassis.
separating the capacity system(s) from the points
allows you to come up with different capacity systems
for different backgrounds, build vehicles in said
backgrounds, then apply the pure point system to
determine their relative ability vs. each other.

> 5.  General clean-up of the rules.
>
> A think a factor in DSII's lack of popularity is it
> has very little support
> in the way of other books, and GZGverse material.

Amen brother, preach it!

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/