Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

Re: Slammer's Vehicles RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:48:44 +0000
Subject: Re: Slammer's Vehicles RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

>>We were asked to do the figures, and Old Crow the vehicles.
>
>Any idea how they'll resemble or not your vision of the vehicles?

Very similar, as they are all based on the graphics that John Treadaway
produced, except the skirts flare OUT, not tuck in under the vehicles.
The
Combat Car is taller and narrower, because DD didn't want the overall
size
to be too large (he imagines it as being like an M113 ACAV) -
unfortunately
this means the sides are much nearer vertical, which to my mind doesn't
agree with some of the stuff in the books, but then that's the
difficulty
of trying to render an author's rough description into a 3D model.....
The blower tank is wider and lower than ours, with a smaller turret
(domed,
like a T54 style "inverted wok" turret) and stubbier gun, but overall
has
the same kind of layout.

>I bet the SG playtest group gets the story of why you aren't doing
them. ;
>->=

There's no secret there......
John L. and John T. approached me early on in the project, and we all
agreed that it would be best if we (GZG) did the figures while Jez at
Old
Crow got the job of the vehicles - simply, there is no way I'd have had
the
time to do them. Building the vehicle masters (let alone all the
casting)
would have taken me weeks, which I just don't have with the way all the
other stuff at GZG is going. Jez is making a lovely job of them (within
the
design limitations he has to work with) - his design style and modelling
techniques (he's a professional movie special-effects modeller) are
ideally
suited to the style that DD wanted for the stuff, and so far the
co-operative effort is working out very well - who knows, it might open
the
way for more such collaborations in the future....?

Jon (GZG)