Prev: Re: [CON] Rides and Roomates @ ECC Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:48:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

> Haven't had that much experience playing
> with/against sosp bubble carriers.
> is a successful tactic and soap bubbles rarely get
> hit, it would seem to me
> an acceptable tactic even in "real" life.
> Karl Heinz

This is not directed a Karl, or anyone really...

If someone woule care to play a PBM game with me
using 'soap bubbles' feel free.   I can use an
ego boosting enguagement right now!

The entire 'soap bubble' quesion is one of a failure
in the 'new' fleet book to persue the sensor rules
and the 'desire' of the rules to keep the ships on
one table.

'One of' games 'breed' abuses of the rules, much like
flies are attacked to things that stink.

Problems that 'breed' rules abuses:
1) Sensors have ceased to exist as a part of the game.
2) Jammers have ceased to exist.
3) Tacitical 'jump' recycle time is not specified,
    stratigic is 6+ hours.

Bye for now,
John L.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/