Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: devans@n...
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:34:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

>Aside from the problems with PSB logic (when even fighter weapons have
>ranges measured in hundreds of kilometers and each game turn represents
>several minutes - which are the orders of magnitude most FT scales I've
>seen use), it is hard to come up with a reason why the number of
fighters
>attacking a single ship should be restricted which is better PSB-wise
than

>"because I say so" :-/ ), it is difficult to get the scaling limit
right.

With all due modesty, I'm thinking we're talking at cross purposes.

In spite of the fact they're in someways interchangeable, you keep
mentioning 'space', while I'm speaking of 'time'. I'd like to suggest in
such vast spaces, trying to synchronize attacks within the 'refresh
period'
of the PDS suite might just be PBS'able.

Anyway, it's a thought.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?