Prev: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets Next: RE: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: Randall Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:12:14 -0800
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

*shrug*  1 hull box or 50, if it can't move, and can't shoot, it's paper

thin in FT.

If you're looking for semi-realistic paper hulls, that military forces
might realistically serve on, Q-ships come to mind.
And frankly, anyone suicidal enough to get in a FT fighter probably
isn't
going to mind paper thin hulls either.
Conscripted soldiers come to mind...
Then there are always those who will try things even if they appear to
be
suicidal to others...  I'm thinking those brave lads who sank in the
Confederate subs.
Then there's alien races...  What humans do may or may not reflect on
what
aliens will do.

*shrug*  PSB is PSB.  Justification is in the eye of the builder.

*sigh*	And now I feel dirty.  I just justified soap bubble
carriers...  Ick.  Gross.  "I've been slimed!"

At 08:04 PM 2/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Not really.  The attendent benefit includes survivability. It does
force you
>to build a ship that a sane individual would be willing to serve in.
>soap bubble is really a cheat, a way to build a killer force that no
>responsible military could ever sanction.  Looking at it from the
>perspective of "my sons and daughters	have to serve on that ship".
Imagine