Prev: Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic Next: RE: Soap bubbles?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:14:06 +0100
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

Alan Brain wrote:

>One idea that's been mooted on the playtest list for over a year is as
>follows:
>
>a) Max 6 fighter groups allowed to attack one ship in a turn, but no
limits
>on SMs or MT missiles.
>b) PDS fires twice vs fighters (only), OR once vs SM/MT Missiles.
>
>Currently this idea is out of favour, but I still like it. Requires
>no change to points values, no change to FB1 fleet design philosophy,
>and minimal rules. KISS.

The main drawback with it (and the reason it is out of favour) is that
playtests of it showed that it does not solve the fighter imbalance
except
for BDNs and larger (and if the ships become large enough, TMF 300+ or
so,
fighters become effectively useless against them), which makes large
ships
even more powerful than they already are - cf. the recent CPV vs NPV
thread...

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic Next: RE: Soap bubbles?