Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: What scale?

Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:32:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

Stilt said:
>figure that the technology to move larger ships gets more expensive
than
the same technology to move smaller ones (which probably would be more
or
less the case anyway).

I'd think that with economies of scale, it would be *cheaper* for big
ships?

What would be interesting would be a targeting advantage when firing at
larger ships, since they have more area to hit

>While we're at it, the fact that FT2 restricted fighter carrying to
capital
ships also had a tendency to mitigate massed fighters, too, but I don't
know
how you'd mimic that in FT2.5 or FT3.

Doesn't really matter--design your soapbubbles to fit whatever the
minimum
mass is to be a capital.  You still get about the same number of
fighters.
The bubbles are a bit more vulnerable, but if the fighters get you
first,
it doesn't matter.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: What scale?