Prev: [SG] Shotguns Next: RE: [SG] Shotguns

RE: [SG] Shotguns

From: "Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis)" <jabradley@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:47:35 -0800
Subject: RE: [SG] Shotguns

Hehe, I served in the USMC on FAST team 1 for four years and I can tell
you
that the shotgun is much much better then your standard assault rifle in
CQB.  There are several reasons for this, but primarily because of
flexibility with ammunition types (light loads for indoor work, so you
don't
hit your buddies through walls, etc..chees cutters for knocking down
wood
doors...).  With shot you get a larger spread and can open up the choke
really use it to sweep hallways and rooms.  Plus shotguns tend to be
shorter
on the whole and more easily wielded in urban terrain.
However I have to question it being better then an assault rifle against
something like powered armor, unless of course you are using solid slugs
;)

Jason