Prev: Re: [SGII] Seeking PC Mouse Tank image Next: Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences...

Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:32:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:00:09 -0800, "Eric Foley" <stiltman@teleport.com>
wrote:

>Call me selfish, but I'd rather not see the point system and the
>anti-fighter rules twisted like balloon animals in order to cure
problems
>that crop up primarily in vector and aren't even particularly bad
issues in
>cinematic.

Nobody said they were. The anti-fighter rules pop up in vector and
cinematic.
The point system is still primarily cinematic based, as vector is an
"optional" system. As such, any solution must first work in cinematic.
It
should also work in vector, as a system that works in cinematic but
completely
breaks down in vector is of zero use to those who prefer vector games.

But no fear, the playtest list has players who play in both modes, and
all
rules proposals are tested in both modes.

Allan Goodall		     http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart