Prev: Mail Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences... Next: Re: [SGII] Seeking PC Mouse Tank image

Names was Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:03:01 PST
Subject: Names was Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences...

Well Glenn Wilson should be uncommon (I thought as a child):

There is a Glenn Morris Wilson, Jr. who graduated from my mother's High
School the same year I did graduated from mine - his alumni association
thought I was him... Sorry, wrong person... I don't think they were sure
that I was telling the truth.

There are multiple Glenn Wilsons here in Saint Louis.  One with an
unlisted number, a past business in our little 'city' and a host of
unhappy customers.  Also (Same? Different?) one who is/was very active
in
veteran's group(s).

Not to mention an apparent 'twin' in appearance (poor guy) who lived
near
me as a teen (there was this shopping mall just a bit far for my gas
money that he frequented)  and was several times observed by my (soon to
be ex-) girl friends or their pals having better... 'relationships'...
than I was.  Though he must have had a vastly different personality
(read
non-nerd) to be dating the cheerleader types he was reported to be with.

I was always attracted to the quiet ones.

This is without a doubt a strange and wondrous world (and/or the creator
has a really funny sense of humor...)

This has been a great thread even if it is definitely W-a-a-a-a-a-y OT.

Gracias, amigos!
Glenn

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:20:20 -0800 (PST) Johan "Böjeryd"
<mcboey@yahoo.com> writes:
>Jeez, and I, thought my family had bizzarre names...
>:)
>
>Anyhow for my 0.02... I grew up with my father,
>stephmom and stephsister. My names Johan, my sisters
>name is Sophie, father Jan and stephmom Birgitta. Our
>neighbors were father Jan, mother Birgitta and kids
>Johan and Sophie... Poor mailman. We were handing over
>eachothers various letters and bills on a daily basis.
>:)
>

>--- Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca>
>> mine is "Ohlson", hers is
>> of us it is who spells it
>> called "Ohlsson"! <G>)
>>
>> >You think that's bad? My fiancee's first name is
>> Alana. So, after we're
>> >married, we're going to be Allan and Alana Goodall.
>> You think this might
>> cause
>> >some confusion with mail...? *grin*
>>
>> Heh. :)
>>
>> When I was in my last year of high school, I ended
>> up dating the *other*
>> person in our year with my name:  Adrian and
>> Adrienne.  We joked that if we
>> got married, it would *literally* be Mr. and Mrs.
>> Adrian Johnson...
>>
>> <ring ring>
>> "Hi, is Adrian there please"
>> "Uh, which one?"
>>
>> Even worse... last year I discovered that I have a
>> sister that I didn't
>> know about (yeah, there's a story involved, but I
>> won't bore everyone with
>> the sordid details...  Suffice it to say one of my
>> parents had a wee bit of
>> an "indescretion" back in the stoning-offense days
>> of the late '50's).	Her
>> name is Kathy.  My "full-blooded" sister's name
>> is... Kathy.  The "new"
>> sister Kathy (the older one) married a guy named...
>> Adrian.  She has two
>> kids, named Katie and Tim.  My cousin in England had
>> two kids, named...
>> Katie and Tim.  My sister Kathy (the younger) trains
>> and rides horses.  My
>> sister Kathy (the older)... rides horses.
>>
>> And so on.
>>
>> ("Duh, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my
>> other brother Darryl...")
>>
>> It's weird, but good weird, if you know what I mean.
>>
>> -Adrian

>> Adrian Johnson
>> adrian@stargrunt.ca
>> http://www.stargrunt.ca

>Yahoo! Shopping - Send Flowers for Valentine's Day
>http://shopping.yahoo.com

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com