Prev: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV Next: [OT] ROE for dummies

Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

From: "Joe Ross" <ft4breedn@h...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:31:10 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV

I completely agree with having a small number of modified designs, being

from the aviation side of the U.S. Navy (in the process of converting
from
brownshoe to blackshoe), and I really like the idea of having new
designs
introduced every so often. THAT seems like an accurate supposition of
future
vessel evolution (mostly because it models modern vessel design, and it
just
seems like common sense). I think that if you are going to allow
completely
new designs, they should not be allowed to be too mission or system
specific
WITHOUT campaign justification. So, sure custom jobs are cool, but they
should perform just like the campaign background describes them as
performing. If a Carrier is allowed to have 30 squadrons (f.e.) of
fighters
on it, how does the campaign handle that?

And sorry Jon.. I got carried away...

Joe

I play in the Tuffleyverse but in a back-back-back water set of stars
where local designs are the realm of several groups and a flag ship
should really be a Very Small BC or a Heavy Heavy cruiser type.  The
only
time a capital ship shows up is when somebody outside the systems tries
muscling in (and the sponsors of the other side respond.

And I definitely have some less than optimal designs built 'locally' and
the lurking on the edges aliens (unique to my void brackish ass end of
space) are definitely not Canon!

A mongrel spot of space for a mongrel GM...

Gracias,
Glenn