Prev: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:39:52 -0500
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:20:34 -0800, "Eric Foley" <stiltman@teleport.com>
wrote:

>Which, incidentally, is exactly what I said:  their effectiveness
scales
>non-linearly with the _gap_ in the number of fighters as opposed to the
>amount of defenses mounted against them, and as I said, it scales in
both
>directions.  If your opponent can stop any number of fighters that you
can
>carry, you're better off _not_ carrying them -- i.e. the more fighters
>you've got, the _worse_ off you are.

Allan replied:
>No, the fighters are scaled non-linearly. Period.

I see Eric's point ("fighters aren't worth much if the other guy brings
lots of scatterguns on every ship") but that argument can apply to
anything
(lots of weapons aren't worth much if the other guy brings B4's and
Thrust
8, for example).

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game] Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]