Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers

Re: DS: Walkers

From: devans@n...
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:44:02 -0600
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

>Just for a guy's benefit who played a little Star Frontiers but not
enough
to really remember what the Sathar were like... could you relate the
general scheme of >things for them?

Until someone who actually knows, or can find their stuff quicker than
I,
as my SO has decided to do some cleaning and rearranging in the
basement:

Strange, mysterious was the basic theme I remember. However, they were
portrayed as annelids (segmented worms, think earthworms) with one pair
each of arms and legs. While unclear, it was supposed to be an
empire/nation external to the Federation, having made several large
incursions, but quiet until 'recently'. The two main challenges to the
Feds
were external Sathar and internal pirates.

You'll remember the Federation was made up of several species, but the
Sathar, as I recall, came in only one variety. That always seemed
ominous.

I always thought the Fed ships tended to Victorian-ish designs, while
the
Sathar were comfortably Golden Age of Science Fiction, all curves and
squashed spheres. Someday I'll open my several boxes and get some
painted,
if they haven't all rotted to dust, a big problem with the TSR lead of
this
period.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: DS: Walkers