Prev: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

Re: Walkers vs Mecha was RE: Walkers

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:35:09 -0800
Subject: Re: Walkers vs Mecha was RE: Walkers

B Lin wrote:

> If you take giant humanoid machines (mecha) in the anime spirit over
the strict current realism "walker" description, then mecha are a viable
battlefield vechicle.

> I think that "walkers" should be allowed to crouch or go prone,
reducing target size by 1 or 2 respectively when in those positions.

In our SGII games we use walkers extensively and have a few house rules
to give them a bit more diversity.

All our walkers are HG gears of the 144/1 and are used in SGII 15mm.

Crouching: if at least 3" of movement are left over in a movement order
a gear can crouch. This decreases its profile by 1 size class. A token
is placed beside the unit to indicate it is crouching (we use IP
markers)

Non penetrating hits: A non penetrating hit where a hit to the movement
system is rolled is counted as an exposed weapon hit. Exposed weapons
have a D8 armour value. Impact VS armour is rolled normally. The weapon
hit is decided by random die roll.

Gear genades: Mortar sized "hand genades" carried by gears. 3 per
capacity point. Range 12". Deviates 1D3". Blast area: 2" Impact: D10.
Place an artillery marker in the target location and roll a D12 for
clock face deviation.

Jaime

Prev: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...