Prev: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images Next: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images

RE: DS: Walkers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:06:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: DS: Walkers

--- Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> --- John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I like sub optimal designs
> >
> > I don't.  I do like putting designs in situations
> > that
> > they weren't really intended for and seeing if
> they
> > can cope.  See my comments re: border guards.
>
> I have to agree with John on this one.  now, if
> you're
> in a campaign setting, and you're playing a power
> that
> has specific technological, economic, or resource
> limitations, precluding you from using certain
> mobility types and/or weapons, then you design
> something that will do the job best with what you
> have.  That's optimal for you, even if it isn't
> optimal for everyone.  That's different than
> intentionally designing a vehicle with flaws.

That's why I don't play Heavy Gear.  To the clowns
that do, designing a vehicle that made sense from a
soldier's standpoint immediately draws cries of
"munchkin" and "cheesy".  So I decided to go with DSII
full time.  They confused having character with being
stupid.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images Next: Re: Battletech and 3D ship images