Prev: DunDraCon XXVII Next: RE: OT Thanks To List

Re: DS: Walkers

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 02:20:31 +0000
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

In article <20030207211137.41979.qmail@web20306.mail.yahoo.com>, Brian
Bilderback <greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes

>--- Symon Cook <Symon@ereshkigal.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article
>>
><20030207174857.74158.qmail@web20310.mail.yahoo.com>,
>> Brian
>> Bilderback <greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes
>> >From a realism standpoint it's arguably very
>> >well-thought out.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> > From a gaming standpoint, it may be
>> >too harsh (unless you WANT it harsh).
>>
>> I do.
>
>In which ccase, you nailed it.

Thanks. No giant stompy robots I say!

>Actually, one other thing I need to
>> incorporate is the difficulty
>> something that high off the ground (especially if
>> bipedal) will have in
>> finding hull down positions. (Snicker, that's
>> another one mech games
>> seem to overlook!)
>
>give me some time to work on that one, I'll get back
>to you.

Currently, I'm going with this:-

Hull Down

Combat and Transport Walkers are at a notable disadvantage when seeking
cover. First, any roll to acquire cover is subject to an unfavourable
Die Shift of One. Second, any Secondary defensive rolls for Soft Cover
and Hull Down are penalised by one Die Type. I.E. Soft Cover gains D4
and Hull Down a D8.

Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: DunDraCon XXVII Next: RE: OT Thanks To List