Prev: My Life Story, Philosophy of Design, Colonization Patterns, and other trivia, was Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: My Life Story, Philosophy of Design, Colonization Patterns, and other trivia, was Re: DS: Walkers

RE: DS: Walkers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:51:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: DS: Walkers

--- Michael Brown <mwbrown@sonic.net> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that optimal designs are all
> that get used.

If I want a challenge I run my border guards.  All
size-2 vehicles (the minis are all LAV variants).

So far, they have a pretty damn good track record.

> "Your Task Force will be deployed to Shazbat 7, but
> due to cargo restraints we
> are limited to size 2 vehicles, the Euries have a
> tank plant on planet so we
> can expect to see T-2144s (Size 5).  Select your
> force from these three
> (pre-generated) models."

The tank hunter with the twin GMS/H launchers sounds
nice.  Also plenty of scatterable minefields, Towed
artillery (since SP won't fit), and VTOL support.  I
can eat 'em for lunch.

> I like sub optimal designs

I don't.  I do like putting designs in situations that
they weren't really intended for and seeing if they
can cope.  See my comments re: border guards.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/Akritai.html

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com