Prev: RE: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: DS: Walkers

RE: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

From: devans@n...
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:36:00 -0600
Subject: RE: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

***
What about a Nova cannon?

What are people's thoughts on this? Could a low power Nova round be used
destroy a city?
***

My thought would be that this would require a great adjustment of focus,
not necessarily power. It's a shotgun blast from a short barrel, by it's
described effect.

Take out continents or hemispheres, difficult to do single cities.

On the other hand, I also assume it would be even less effective through
atmosphere than other ordinance.

'Honey, put on the high-SPF sunscreen and dark glasses; we're being
nova-cannoned.'

*shrug* It always seemed a trifle silly unless I actually had to face it
at
the speeds my games flew.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: DS: Walkers