Prev: Re: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

Re: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia

From: devans@n...
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:31:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia

> You do realize that a great deal of "American
> manufacturers'" components are
> actually made in Canada, right?

Hell, the whole culture has a Canadian spin. One look at the list of
'merican rockers, comedians, actors, news personalities, etc., that have
Canadian origin will show how dependent we are on you.

British invasion? Mere diversionary tactics.

***
>Fastest car my father ever owned was a Chevelle with a
>Canadian 350.

I spent 3 summers working in the GM plants in Oshawa, Ontario (one in
the
truck plant, two in B-body car plant). My dad had a station wagon (Chevy
Townsman) with a 350. The best engine GM ever built was the 350 4-barrel
(in
every way except fuel economy, *grin*). You couldn't kill that thing...
***

In younger days, I recall several gear-heads reverently mentioning this
or
that block designation that ended in 'Windsor'.

Can we quit now? I'm feeling properly inferior, really.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] Canada was Space Programs was: Columbia Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]