Prev: RE: FT Intellectual exercise? (long) Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:29:04 +0000
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:30:25PM +1100, Hugh Fisher wrote:
> OK, I'm new to Full Thrust so am probably sticking foot in
> mouth here...

I strongly recommend you read the archives at
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/ :-)

> Is increasing the cost of each fighter not an option? Seems
> a lot easier than coming up with new weapon rules or even
> reprinting the fleet books.

The problem is that under the current rules fighters have a non-linear
effectiveness because they can swarm an enemy (who will eventually run
out of PDS). So having eight fighter groups that move as a single unit
is worth a lot more than eight times one fighter group.

Roger

Prev: RE: FT Intellectual exercise? (long) Next: Re: (fwd) Re: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]