Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]

RE: [FT] Operational game

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:17:15 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Operational game

I've got a semi-complete set of Operational rules/inter-related scenario
generator written up, I think I have mentioned it before.   It is based
on
the campaign system in DP9's Lightning Strike.

It is designed to create a series of inter-related battles for two
players.
It is an attempt to make battles more ‘realistic’ so the players must
think
of the bigger picture and of the future, so battles to the death are
rare
since they severely hurt a fleets ability to fight the next battle. They
must preserve ships for later battles, repair damaged ships, and
re-supply
any missiles and fighters used or destroyed.

In this game, you are an Admiral who has to control his sector of space
with
the resources available.  There is no map of star systems that need to
be
taken and defended.  That is all in the background and is assumed to be
happening.  These rules only deal with defining the inter-related
battles,
playing those battles, and then preparing for the next one.

Players get a starting amount of points for ships, but must also use
that
pool to 'buy' freighters to hold supplies and Fleet Auxilaries and
Repair
Docks to fix ships.

Here is what happens in a turn:

Turn Phases
1. Deployment Phase
	1.1 Assign ships to Reserve Fleet or Strike Fleet
	1.2 Choose Fleet Orders
	1.3 Tactical Advantage Roll
2. Battle Phase
	2.1 Determine the battle and the terrain
	2.2 Play the indicated scenario
	2.3 Salvage
3. Repair/ Re-supply Phase
	3.1 Re-supply
	3.2 Repair Ships in the Reserve Fleet
	3.3 Severely damaged systems
	3.4 Allocate maintenance costs
	3.5 Reinforcements

I haven't had a chance to look at this for month's let alone play it.
Some
of you have seen it and this version (1.4) is pretty complete compared
what you might have seen.

Please let me know if you are interested in hearing more or seeing what
have (91K Word Document).

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] F***ters [was: Operational game]