Prev: Re: Any Chicago area events? Next: Re: Any Chicago area events?

Re: OT: Casting figs

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:17:36 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Casting figs

So you want to start sculpting minis?  You are invited to join:

You'll learn all you wanted to about sculpting minis, and a buch about
casting
them.

Ensure that you peruse the FAQs.

Now to answer the question more direclty...

Most people, an overwhelming majority of mini sculptors in fact, use
"green
stuff", or Kneadatite.	It's a two part, epoxy putty comes in ribbons.
One
half of the ribbon is blue, the other half yellow, mixed together they
wind
up green and it starts curing.	There are other formulas of this type of

putty too, each with different characteristics that are suited to
different
types of sculpting.

Some people use FIMO, it's an oven-curing putty.

Others use SuperSculpy, also oven-curing.

--
Flak Magnet (Tim)
www.geocities.com/flakmagnet72

Prev: Re: Any Chicago area events? Next: Re: Any Chicago area events?