Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

Re: [FT] Operational game

From: devans@n...
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:01:55 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Operational game

>>Time limit on order-writing. Whenever a player says "my orders are
>>ready", everyone has to stop writing. I'm not even entirely joking.
>
>Works for me.	I'd been thinking "for squadrons of N ships, you may
write
>orders as normal; ships in excess of N must write orders 1 turn (or
more)
>in advance."

This could be muddled a bit with command points, to factor both numbers
and
size of ships, and designated fleet admirals with command ratings.

How'd you like to include putting ships totalling in excess of a certain
command rating( >Nsub-command-rating x X) off-board as 'reserves' to be
brought in as damaged ships disengage, so the larger squadron has
advantage, though not from the first shot?

Ok, I created a monster...

Along with poor dart throwing and lousy range estimation, I don't do
well
under time constraints in a game. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game