Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] Operational game

Re: [FT] Operational game

From: devans@n...
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:08:11 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Operational game

>However, if you've decimated your opponent's navy, controlling his
>planets becomes fairly simple.

Well, taking your term literally, destroying one in ten, would be a
little
unfair, but it does suggest some concepts I attempted, poorly, in my
Four
Corners campaign game.

An uber-fleet meets and destroys a third of an opponent's, while the
opponent has two-to-one superiority in ten other locations, also
destroying
a third of the uber-fleet's covering forces, and they have the high
ground
in ten places instead of one, and picking up those 'points' that turn.

Not saying it would happen, just that it could.

By the way, I'm less likely to assume war on civilian populations. At
least, until someone new comes to the neighborhood...

But that's personal outlook.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: RE: [FT] Operational game